There might be restrictions on the foreign ownership of real estate in America but they are insignificant for buy- to – let investment purposes. For practical purposes, these restrictions, however, may be unimportant.
The procedure for the property purchase may vary from state to state, as well as between counties and cities.
Here are the procedures that are generally followed in the New York City.
- You can make an offer orally through your agent, who will convey it either to the seller´s agent or to the seller directly.
- The seller´s attorney will then begin preparation of the contract of sale. He or she would obtain and review the following documents such as the deed, survey, title insurance policy, promissory notes etc.
- Your Real Estate Attorney would be required in all the property transactions to examine the financial condition of the house.
- The buyer’s attorney would review and negotiate the contract deed, title search and title insurance policy, as well as the documents referred to in the title policy.
- Once your attorney concludes that the financial condition is satisfactory, he/she will allow you to sign the contract. You will have to present a deposit of the purchase price. The contract and the deposit will then be moved to the seller for signature.
- You will then receive from your real estate agent the board requirements and application materials.
- Your application will be reviewed, and if all the required materials are included and in order, an approval is typically granted. After which you can proceed with the closing ceremonies.
Learn more Real Estate 2018
Estate planning for the commercial real estate or residential real estate by a Real Estate Attorney helps you to achieve your personal and family goals for the future. It ensures that your assets are in safe hands. You can also reduce the amount of taxes paid by planning your estate in the right way, to ensure that your heir receive a proper inheritance.
Planning Your Estate Plan in the Right Way
A plan for your estate usually consists of a set of documents that helps you plan for taxes. It is something that everyone needs regardless of their financial situation. The documents that make up an estate plan helps you avoid problems that might arise in case of death. Most of these problems never bother us during our lifetime.These are things that we simply choose not to think of. But if there is no plan, these issues will be handled by the courts. It is therefore, very important to have an estate plan in place, so that you can decide for yourself and your family in matters such as who will take care of the minor children, who will receive your property and also who will finalize your affairs.
Estate planning may at times be a rather complicated matter and it does require correct or appropriate judgment by a good Real Estate Attorney, to ensure that you achieve the outcomes you desire. It also allows for the substantial savings when dealing with tax issues, court costs etc.
Inspite of the benefits provided by an estate plan, people do not plan their estates because they believe that they don’t need an estate plan. However, it is important to understand that if you fail to have a solid estate plan to handle the settlement of your affairs after you die, the laws in your state will determine what must be done. So, it’s better to have an estate plan prepared well within time.